project is a wonderful way to teach the blending of colors. The results
can be beautiful, yet this is simple enough for the smallest of hands. Perfect as a Spring craft idea.
- Wooden Clothes Pins
Round Coffee Filters
Black Acrylic Paint
Black Pipe Cleaner
- Magnetic Strip (optional)
Paint your clothespins black first.
- Fold the pipe cleaners into V shapes
the size you want your antenna to be, cut and glue to the clothes pins
at the flat end.
- Take the coffee filters and spray them with water till
they lay flat but aren’t drenched (it should only take a few short
sprays, use warm water. Now, dab the watercolors on the wet
coffee filters, it will run and smear but that’s ok . You can also use
markers for this.
- When you are happy with your design on one, repeat
this process with another coffee filter.
- Put the wet filters in a safe
place to dry.
- When they are dry gather up the coffee filter
in the middle, trying to keep the outside edges flat, and clip it into
- Spread the wings out and you are done.
For fridge magnets:
Put a strip of magnet on the underside of
clothespin and stick them on the fridge.