In today’s world kids activities have almost become synonymous with video and online games and play stations. Busy parents have found a great virtual playmate in the Internet for their kids. However, this cannot be a healthy way to their complete development.
No doubt, you wouldn’t want your home walls smeared with color pencil marks or your porch full of sand when you come back after a hard days work. It’s awful to have to clean it all. But hey, that’s how you grew up and didn’t your parents bear it too.
Modern parents must realize the importance of certain games and activities. Impromptu, imaginative and fun pursuits like birthday parties, music, art, sports, picnics, fancy dresses etc are a part of healthy childhood experience. So, don’t rob your child of the benefits of it.
The benefits of such kids’ activities
Such activities are not only enjoyable, but also come with many advantages, whether they are active interests like soccer, baseball, football, table tennis or more indoor and creative kinds like music, arts or crafts. The advantages are:
- Adds variety and takes away much of the boredom that can lead to wrong doings.
- Great as a holiday pastime and even an entertaining break after school.
- They can help children develop new skills.
- Such activities boost the social development among growing minds. A conventional schooling program often overlooks this aspect, so involving the children in such collective actions like sports, music or arts helps improve their social interactions.
- Helps find out your child’s aptitude. For all you know it might just become his or her future calling, if properly honed.
Some of the most popular kid’s activities:
Musical lessons are a very common form of kids activities. Apart from vocal skills, playing instruments and reading lyrics are a great way to express oneself musically. Moreover, participating in school musicals, concerts and other shows, or becoming a member of a band or theatre group creates that beneficial social space for them.
It’s needless to say that indulging in some kind of sports is essential to keep your kid fit, active and fight obesity. A group game like baseball or soccer helps create team spirit. However, some sports can be lead to evils like drug abuse, alcoholism and here parents need to guide their child.
Artistic hobbies create a medium for children to creatively convey their views, thoughts, aims and dreams. This kind of kids activities helps to build on their confidence, independence and self-analysis. Art also encourages interest in knowledge and life.
Nothing could be more joyful for a kid than being able to create something on his or her own. Here are some of the constructive handcrafts that you can initiate them to:
- Woodworking: Basic woodworking helps develop hand, eye, and motor skills.
- Gift making: It creates the sense of sharing and generosity.
- Sewing: Improves speed and efficiency and motor skills. Helps identify various materials around them and recognize quality, proportions, applications etc.
- Paper craft: Exercises kids’ thoughts and flexibility. Boosts inventiveness.
- Some clay, water and sand craft improves physical object management and develops 2-way logic.
Involve your children while you prepare one of your weekend meals and watch the fun. Preparing, planning, measuring, mixing, baking etc as a family that promises a sumptuous product, can boost your kids’ appetite, nutritional level and tastes.
Science, nature and wildlife projects
This activity helps augment kids’ curiosity about the world around them. Learning about inventions encourages their sense of achievement.
Last but not the least, these educational and entertaining kids activities teaches them about the wonders of life and discovery.