Sometimes, young children with the intension of writing well get frustrated when they lack co-ordination during writing and feel that they need much effort to please their teacher, which often disheartens them. It would be exciting as well as rewarding for your child, if he develops writing skills through lots and lots of practice, since at the end of the day, good handwriting for kids is always an asset.
Tips to improve your kids’ handwriting
Handwriting for kids is an important criterion when it comes to answering the papers. If your kid has difficulties while writing, never loose your patience. By targeting specific and narrow objectives, rectifying their errors and praising commendable efforts, you can help your child to improve his writing skills. Here’s some hand picked tips to improve handwriting for kids:
- Provide your child some practice sheets and allow them to write letters, words and sentences on their own.
- Try to provide a warm, comfortable and quiet atmosphere to your child, while practicing handwriting, this way he can improve upon his writing faster.
- You must show your child how to write on separate paper while you are giving instructions.
- You should try to oversee practice paper so that children do not fill a page with improper work simply to finish quickly.
- At the beginning, encourage your children to draw vertical lines from top to bottom, and then ask them to draw different shapes. Gradually teach them to use single lines rather than drawing strokes.
- It is often seen that children have an urge to learn, how to write their own name before anything else. So you should show them the correct way of drawing each letter, using capital letter at the beginning to write their names. It is an innovative way of improving handwriting for kids.
- Once letter formation is acceptable, you must ask your child to practice on paper with wide guidelines, helping him to learn the development of uniformity in size.
- Lastly, encourage your children to use large writing or painting tools for better grip – letting them draw on blank paper with markers, paintbrushes or crayons.
Therefore, targeting specific and narrow objectives, praising efforts that are well done and rectifying your child’s errors at the time of writing, you can easily conceptualize how handwriting for kids plays an important role in shaping a child’s future.